IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR POLK COUNTY, FLORIDA
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 6-2.0
PROVIDING SYSTEM FOR IMPARTIAL ASSIGNMENT OF JUVENILE DELINQUENCY CASES
WHEREAS it appears that the caseload of juvenile delinquency cases in Polk County is such that two separate division would provide for greater efficiency in the assignment, scheduling, and disposition of these cases, it is hereby
ORDERED AND ADJUDGED;
1. The Clerk of this Court shall assign each juvenile affidavit to one of two division, Division J-2 or Division J-3, on an alternating basis, and shall maintain a listing for these two divisions.
2. Prior to assigning a case to a division, the Clerk shall display the case history of each juvenile defendant and, if it is determined that the defendant has a pending case in the Juvenile Division, the new affidavit shall be assigned to the division in which the other case is pending.
3. Affidavits filed at the same time on co-defendants shall be assigned to the same division.
4. An affidavit filed on a juvenile defendant that had a previous case disposed of within the last six months shall be assigned to the same division as the previous case.
5. Cases may be reassigned from one division to the other upon a showing of good cause. Any reassignments must be made with the approval of the Administrative Judge of the Juvenile Division.
DONE and ORDERED in Chambers at Bartow, Polk County, Florida, this 14th day of September, 1992.
RANDALL G. MCDONALD, CHIEF JUDGE