IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TENTH JUDICIAL
CIRCUIT IN AND FOR HARDEE, HIGHLANDS AND POLK COUNTIES, FLORIDA
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 3-13.2
IN RE: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES IN CIVIL PRO SE INDIGENCY CASES
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the procedure set forth below shall be followed where civil cases are filed pro se in Circuit and County court and where the movant seeks a determination of indigency and a waiver of filing fees.
1. All such pro se civil cases must include a financial affidavit executed under oath by the party claiming indigency, with the exception of a party incarcerated in a state or federal prison system. The financial affidavit form to be used is attached as "Exhibit A".
2. Upon receipt of the financial affidavit and the complaint, petition or other pleadings, the Clerks Office shall forward the file to the appropriate judge for review. In Circuit Civil and Family matters, the Administrative Judge of the division to which the case could be assigned shall review the pleadings. In County Civil matters, the judge assigned to the County Civil Division shall review the pleadings.
3. After review and approval, the Judge shall execute an Order of Indigency and return it with the pleadings to the Clerks Office. The order form to be used is attached as "Exhibit B".
4. The Clerks office shall assign a case number and section to the file and file the pleadings.
5. Administrative Order 3-13.1 is hereby VACATED.
DONE and ORDERED on this 21st day of January, 2000.
CHARLES B. CURRY
Each Circuit and County Judge
Clerk of Court - Hardee, Highlands and Polk Counties