IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE TENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR HARDEE, HIGHLANDS, AND POLK COUNTIES, FLORIDA
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 1-1.23
ASSIGNMENTS OF JUDGES
JULY 5, 2004 THROUGH JANUARY 2, 2005
In accordance with the provision of Local Rule One of the circuit it is ORDERED AND ADJUDGED
1. That the judges are assigned to the section and divisions of the court in accordance with the schedule attached and marked as Exhibit A, the same to be effective July 5, 2004 through January 2, 2005. Administrative Order No. 1-1.22 is effective through July 4, 2004.
2. That the judges are assigned additional duties in order to provide adequate judicial manpower for various divisions of the Court, the same being set forth for the period of July 5, 2004 through January 2, 2005 in the following attachments and marked as:
EXHIBIT B JUDICIAL RELIEF ASSIGNMENTS
EXHIBIT C ASSIGNMENT TO SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT HEARINGS URESA CONTEMPT HEARINGS, DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE (DOR) PATERNITY CASES AND NEW URESA CASES. (PDF)
EXHIBIT D ASSIGNMENT TO WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY DUTY INCLUDING FIRST APPEARANCE HEARINGS AND JUVENILE DETENTION HEARINGS. (PDF)
EXHIBIT E-1 DUTY JUDGE SCHEDULE FOR POLK COUNTY (PDF)
EXHIBIT E-2 DUTY JUDGE SCHEDULE FOR HIGHLANDS/HARDEE COUNTIES
EXHIBIT F JURY TRIAL SCHEDULE
EXHIBIT G CALENDAR FOR CHAMBER HEARINGS (PDF)
EXHIBIT H COUNTY COURT CALENDAR (PDF)
EXHIBIT I QUALIFICATION OF JUROR ASSIGNMENTS (PDF)
EXHIBIT J CIRCUIT AND COUNTY JUDGES HEARING ROOMS AND CHAMBERS (PDF)
EXHIBIT K ASSIGNMENT OF JUDGES TO PRESIDE OVER POLK COUNTY JURY PULL
3. That if the section which has a visiting judge assigned becomes available, then that section will take the assignments and will immediately notify the visiting judge and the Court Administrator.
4. That the Clerk of Court in Polk County shall:
A. Effective July 5, 2004, randomly assign new cases to the sections in the ratio shown in Exhibit A attached.
B. Effective July 5, 2004, assign NON IV-D support enforcement cases in accordance with Exhibit C attached. Also, effective that date, the Department of Revenue shall assign IV-D support enforcement hearings, URESAs, contempt cases, paternity and new URESA cases in accordance with Exhibit C attached.
5. That the Clerk of the Courts in Hardee County, effective July 5, 2004, will assign cases to the section in Exhibit A attached.
6. That the Clerk of the Courts in Highlands County, effective July 5, 2004, will assign cases to the section in Exhibit A attached.
7. That, when any judge is recused from a case, the case will be reassigned by the Chief Judge, or in his absence, his designee.
8. That, when two or more cases are consolidated, any judge to whom one of the cases has been assigned shall enter an Order of Consolidation and provide that all cases be assigned to the section having the lower numbered case file.
9. That in the event circumstances develop which preclude a judges availability for weekend first appearance or emergency duty as specified in Schedules D and E, the judge assigned shall be responsible for securing necessary judicial relief and notifying the Court Administrators office accordingly.
10. That this Order is effective for planning and implementation as indicated herein and modifies Administrative Order No. 1-1.22 which is canceled as of July 4, 2004.
Done and Ordered in chambers, at Bartow, Polk County, Florida this 10th day of May, 2004.
Ronald A. Herring,
Exhibits A through K